We plan, develop and implement countywide transportation and infrastructure improvements. Our work includes:
- Drive to Zero Transportation Safety Action Plan Update, 2017-18
- Transportation planning
- Managing capital improvement projects
- Reviewing site development plans
- Traffic engineering
- Road statute administration
- Local Improvement Districts
- Street lighting (Service District #5)
- System Development Charges
- Drive to Zero road safety initiative
Our goal is to provide excellent service. Please let us know how we're doing and how we can improve by taking this brief survey.
Note on driveway inspections:
We inspect all driveway aprons and frontage sidewalks, including those within subdivisions that were previously inspected by the Building Services Division. Please call 503-742-4700 to schedule the inspections for this portion of your project.
- The fee for this inspection service is $166. You can receive the permit for this work at the Engineering Division on the third floor of the Development Services Building in Suite 325.
- The Building Services Division inspects the flatwork portion of the driveway from the back of the sidewalk to the garage/house. Please call 503-742-4720 to schedule the inspections for this portion of your project.