Family Support

Meet John S. Foote, your District AttorneyThe Clackamas County District Attorney's Office

Family Support

The Clackamas County District Attorney’s Family Support Office provides services to ensure children and families receive financial support.

Our office represents the interests of the State of Oregon. We do not represent either party. For legal advice please contact your private attorney.

Our office cannot guarantee that you will receive regular and timely support payments; however we will make all reasonable efforts to assist you.

When you apply for services the non-custodial parent will be advised to stop making payments directly to you, and instead, make payments through the Child Support Program.

Each case is different, with its own set of facts and circumstances. Most of our processes are handled administratively (outside of court) and take a minimum of 90 days. If hearings are requested, a party is difficult to serve, or if paternity testing is requested it can take up to six months or longer.

Services Provided

Services Not Provided

  • legal advice
  • enforcement or collection on spousal only orders
  • collection on unreimbursed medical bills
  • mediation, parenting time and custody assistance


How do I apply for Support Services?


How can I help expedite the processing of my case?

  • Notify us of any change in address, telephone or employer for yourself or the other party.
  • When requested provide signed copies of all support orders.  Certified copies are required for some processes.
  • Keep our office advised on any legal proceedings or orders that are taken.
  • Advise our office if your child legally emancipates, joins the military, marries, is adopted or is no longer attending school.  


How long will the process take?

The more information you provide to us, the better equipped we are to assist you.  Our efforts may take longer and may not be as successful if the non-custodial parent  has moved out of state or to an unknown address

  • frequently moves from job to job;
  • works for cash pay instead of reported earnings;
  • is self-employed
  • is incarcerated


Where can I make a payment?

The payment mailing address is:

Child Support Program
PO Box 14506
Salem, OR  97309

Please make sure you include your CSP number on your payment.

You can access you case information and payments on line through the Division of Child Support website or you can call toll free (800) 850 0228.


Where are you located?

707 Main St., Suite 324
Oregon City, OR 97045   MAP
Our office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
Telephone: 503-655-8469 FAX: 503-650-3528


Other Resources