Upcoming Engagement Opportunity
Design Alternatives: Community Open House
Thursday, May 30, 2019
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Work side by side with the project architects and weigh in on alternatives design concepts for the future of Hillside.
More information coming soon. Please sign-up below to stay informed of this and future Hillside news and events.
The Hillside Master Plan for Housing Opportunity is a grant-funded project that will envision the future for this 16-acre public housing community. The planning process will engage residents and community members to develop a vision for a vibrant mixed-use, mixed-income community that preserves and rebuilds existing affordable housing at the site, while creating opportunities for expanded housing choice and type.
Goals for the Master Plan include providing:
- Up to 400 new affordable housing units
- Community gathering space
- Enhanced outdoor recreation areas
- Other amenities that will serve both Hillside residents and neighbors
- A mixed-use community with potential new retail and office space
|Address||10203 SE D Street
Milwaukie, OR 97222 map
|Cost||Metro Grant Award: $214,0000|
|Project cost||Metro Regional Government- 2040 Planning and Development grant|
|Contractor||Selected Master Planning Firm:
Scott Edwards Architecture
Project Updates/Next Steps
Watch a video about the Hillside Master Plan and Feb. 21 design workshop
Hillside residents, neighbors, and other community members participated in the community design workshop for the master plan February 21. Workshop participants heard a presentation about the planning and design process and worked in groups to create their preferred layout for the Hillside property by placing buildings, parks, parking and other features on a sitemap. Comments and feedback from the workshop addressed:
- Alternatives for the placement of higher-density housing
- Placement of parks and a community center
- Provision of green space throughout the area
- Connections to the surrounding neighborhood
- Inclusion of desired services
- Buffering noise from the railroad tracks
- Inclusion of sustainability features like green roofs and solar
With input from the design workshop, the project team is creating three alternative design concepts for the Hillside master plan. The team will present the alternatives and take feedback online and at a community open house on May 30. Stakeholder input on the alternatives will help the team continue to refine the master plan.
Sign up below to receive updates about future opportunities to be involved. You may also submit questions and comments at any time throughout the project. Please indicate if you would like to receive a response.
Project Documents and Links
- Resident Listening Session Event Summary from 9/11/2018
- Project fact sheet
- Resident FAQs
Housing Development Coordinator