Friends of Oak Lodge Public Library provide needed support to the Oak Lodge Library in these areas:
- special events and programs
- Children's Summer Reading program
- purchase of needed equipment
- volunteer appreciation
- purchase of material for the library collection
The Friends of the Library also operate a bookstore room at the Oak Lodge Library. The Bookstore is open the same hours as the library. The Bookstore has a selection of gently used hardcover fiction and non-fiction books, as well as almost new paperbacks. The Friends use the profits from the Bookstore to help the library in many ways. In the past years they have purchased:
- cultural passes for area attractions
- prize books and program expenses for the children's summer programs
- materials to build custom shelving units
- a subscription to Book Page, a monthly book review newspaper
- computer equipment
- DVD/CD disc resurfacing machine and supplies
Membership dues are $10 for individuals, and $50 for patrons. Larger contributions are always welcomed and much appreciated. Dues and any donations are tax deductible.
Meetings are on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 4:30 p.m. at the Oak Lodge LIbrary.
If you would like to become a Friend of Oak Lodge Public Library, or make a donation, please visit our website.
Donations or memberships can also be accepted at the following address:
The Friends of Oak Lodge Public Library
16201 SE McLoughlin Blvd.
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Feel free to email OakLodgePublicLibraryFriends@gmail.com with any questions.
Friends of Oak Lodge Public Library is a non-profit 501c3 organization that provides financial support to the Oak Lodge Library. It was assigned a page on the Clackamas County web server because its activities and support are inter-related.