New openings on ABC: Solid Waste & Tourism

From: Katie Wilson, Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs, 503-655-8552

Media and Interested Parties

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.New ABC openings from the past week include:

  • Solid Waste Commission: This commission has two openings, each of which carries a 4-year term. Members make recommendations to county commissioners after reviewing rate changes, monitoring franchise agreements, and reviewing changes in legislation affecting solid waste management and recycling.
    The deadline for applications is Sept. 30. For more information, contact Rick Winterhalter at or call 503-742-4466.
  • Tourism Development Council: This nine-member council has four vacancies, each of which carries a 3-year term. This council guides tourism programs funded through the county’s Transient Room Tax (TRT) and is authorized by County Ordinance to oversee tourism promotion and development in Clackamas County. The council is in need of applicants with: a current management affiliation with a lodging property located within the county, a member at large, as well as applicants with an affiliation to arts, culture, or heritage. Board members reflect and represent the diverse population of the county.
    The deadline for applications is June 6. For more information, contact Janice Nilson at or call 503-655-8490

Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.