New openings on ABCs: Community Health, Library Budget

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.

New ABC openings from the past week include:

The deadline for applications is May 24. For more information, contact Jeanine Goodwin at or 503-742-5926.

The deadline for applications is May 31. For more information contact Laura Zentner at 503-742-4351 or

  • Community Health Council: This council currently has one immediate vacancy for a non-consumer (does not receive services at county Health Centers) member. This nine-member council provides leadership and management of all county health centers, which includes the Beavercreek Health & Wellness Center, Sunnyside Health Center, Sandy Health & Wellness Center and school-based Health Center, Hilltop Behavioral Health Center, Gladstone Health Center, Stewart Community Center, and the school-based health center at Oregon City High School. This council conducts business through public meetings held at 6:30 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month (locations vary). Members do not need to have expertise in health care or governance, but should either be a patient of one of the health centers listed, and/or be interested in health care policy, finance, quality improvement, access to care or service delivery, and working with likeminded individuals to reach consensus. Members are sought from all over the county, to represent all demographics and areas.
  • Library District Budget Committee: This committee has two vacancies, each of which carries a three-year term. The county is seeking applicants with a background in finance and public library services. The committee participates annually with the Board of County Commissioners in receiving and reviewing the district’s budget. Committee members participate in budget meetings in the spring and approves the budget and district tax rate each year. The history and other background regarding the district can be found online.

Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.