Requesting Veterans' Preference

Veterans may apply for veterans' preference points as authorized by Oregon Revised Statutes by answering two questions pertaining to Veterans' Preference on the Questionnaire page of the application.

We must receive your proof of eligibility in the form of:

  • a copy of your DD214, DD215 that includes your "Type of Separation" and "Character of Service"
  • a letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying Disabled Veteran Status (if applicable)

Once you provide your documentation, there is no need to provide it again should you submit additional applications in the future.

We have multiple options for submitting your required documentation:

  • upload: Online application
  • mail: Human Resources, 2015 Kaen Road, Oregon City, OR 97045
  • fax: 503-742-5468
  • email

If you choose to send documentation via mail, email, or fax, please include Job Title and Job Opening ID.

If you have any questions about veterans' preference points, contact us at 503-655-8459 or send us an email.